The project’s goal is the procedural generation of really huge spherical planets with following features:
- full-fledged river systems, highland lakes, and custom outlines of the continents;
- biomes with a placement dependent on longitude;
- the gradual transition of biomes is achieved by the mutual penetration of their parts (yin-yang boundary);
- various vector data defining the relief features (continents and lakes boundaries, riverbeds, biomes boundaries, height contours, tiles and sectors, etc);
- full size planets with correct spherical geometry of the relief features;
- the procedural generated planets are data instantly suited for existing Geographic Information System (GIS) software;
Examples of planets
|Serpento. Enjoy the planetary biomes.|
|On planet Mandelbrot the ancient alien civilization left a message in the form of the continents.|
For more info see my blog.
List of all sample planets can be found here.